I was told Judaism was the only religion with a mass revelation that had specific witnesses, ie the Jews. What are other examples of similar mass revelations?
You are hinting at the so called Kuzari 'proof' for Judaism. One example of mass revelation is the story of White Buffalo Calf women – a claimed divine women seen by the Lakota Indians, who to this day have a pipe she gave them.
For more about that and other mass revelations/ miracles see the a series of posts refuting the Kuzari, begining at altercocker jewishatheist blog site December 2013.
I assume that you are referring to the revelation at Mt. Sinai.
May I advise you that it has never occurred!:
Joshua ben Nun (Moses' successor), when telling the people of Israel their history, does not mention such an occurance in a word!.
Even Moses himself (in Deut. 5) speaks about "A Pact in Horeb".
Modern researchers assume that the story was fabricated in Babel (Babylon) in the 5th. Century B.C.
Writing of a mass witness event does not mean that the event actually happened. There are much evidence to suggest that the alleged event never took place, and here are just a few of those:
- II kings – at the times of King Josiah a book of torah was found which no one had heard of before, with new Passover practices which no one knew.
- Book of Nehemiah – Ezra reads to the people in Jerusalem some new practices for Sukkot which they had never heard of.
- Book of Joshua – as mentioned before, Joshua does not mention by a word the supposedly single most important instance while describing the Israelite history.
- Many discrepancies regarding the alleged event one of which is the different names given to the location at different places in the bible: Sinai vs. Horev.
- The whole narrative of about 3 million slaves (600,000 men only) leaving Egypt and wondering the desert for 40 years is folly and is rejected by any real historical/archeological research.
And I could go on if I wanted to.
Other than that, why would a divine being at his (or her or their) right mind would write such idiotic nonsense such that could be read on our holy and beloved torah? Is it not easier to assume that a bunch of primitive and ignorant men wrote it on different occasions?
All the best